UNDERSTANDING YOUR SKIN
The skin is the largest organ of the human body. It performs essential functions that have a direct effect on our health.
It covers the whole of our body and is made up of different layers (epidermis, dermis and hypodermis) that help with each of its functions.
Its functions, therefore, are so important that without them we could suffer from serious illnesses or even die.
The most important functions:
- Protection: It protects us from any external aggression (burns, germs, knocks, etc.). Melanin provides our skin with a pigment defence against ultraviolet light.
- Absorption: The skin absorbs oxygen, nitrogen and other substances
- Sense of touch:
- Elasticity that enables growth and mobility.:
Removal of dead cells enabling healing and regeneration when the skin retains all its properties.
CAUSES OF AGING
Our fast-paced lifestyle means we neglect our skin and health. Factors leading to premature aging of the skin:
- The Sun: The sun's rays impair the mechanisms involved in the creation of collagen and elastin.
- Smoking: Poisons the skin and accelerates aging.
- Poor nutrition and lack of calcium.Food lacking nutrients, and in particular rich in sugar, harms the texture and elasticity of the skin.
- Lack of fat: Being overly thin makes people look older.
- Stress: Affects hormones and the skin does not regenerate.
- Poor sleep.
HOW TO DELAY AGING AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN?
Some tips for taking care of your skin every day
- Protect your skin from the sun. Moisturise your skin and take special care during the coldest months and during the summer with the sun.
- Drink plenty of water
- Follow a healthy, balanced diet.The intake of omega 3 fats and vegetables is essential for your skin.
- Avoid tobacco.
- Get enough sleep.
- Use the right cosmetics that protect, moisturise and tone your skin, and promote the replacement of dead cells.
THE IMPORTANCE OF HAIR
Our hair and hair type and its appearance play a very important role in the way we look and is a very important factor in personal care in today’s society.
Healthy hair not only makes for a pleasant image but is also a reflection of person’s healthy appearance.Certain pathologies of the body also manifest themselves through the appearance and quality of hair.
It is, therefore, important to take care of your hair and use products suited to our individual case, in addition to seeing a specialist in the event of pathologies or disorders.